The first MOT is carried out once your vehicle is 3 years old, and annually there after.
If you would like to receive MOT reminders, please fill in the form below with your name, e-mail address and registration number of the vehicle you would like to be reminded for.
MOT Reminder Request
New items that now fail an MOT – Released May 2018
- Brake fluid contamination
- Daytime running lights
- Front fog lights
- Reversing lamps
- Light source and lamp not compatible - Halogen headlamps converted to HID bulbs will fail
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) obviously falsified
- Brake lining or pad wear indicator illuminated
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Exhaust gas recirculation valve
- NOx sensor
- Evidence that a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) has been tampered with
- Any visible smoke from a vehicle with DPF
- Stricter limits for emissions from diesels with a DPF
- Fluid leaks other than coolant and Adblue
An MOT is a minimum requirement, which is why we educate our customers that an annual MOT test does not mean your vehicle is being maintained as a result, this is only checking your vehicle is SAFE for use, a service will keep your engine healthy and check for any potential underlying issues the vehicle may have. An MOT cannot cover all basis that a service can.
Word of advise: Never buy a new car assuming it is sound just because it has an MOT. Remember this is a MINIMUM standard.